EXCEL 365: Introduction to Power Pivot and the Data Model (3 hrs. 12 pm Toronto, 9 am Vancouver, 10 am Calgary)
Course No: RHWE-1419
Format: HANDS-ON ONLINE WORKSHOP. This is a Live Workshop with an Instructor. Participants will work hands-on on practice data, and interact with an instructor online.
Duration: 3 Hours in 1 module of 3 hours. Participants will work on examples hands-on with the instructor
PRICE & BOOKING: Individual Registrations @ $90 per person.
Key Learning Outcomes
Power Pivot and the Datamodel in Excel version 2013+
- Revisiting a key feature – Dynamic Tables
- What is Power Pivot and how does it appear in various versions of Excel
- An introduction to the concept of a Data Model
- Creating Data Relationships from existing datasets
- Working with the Data Model in Power Pivot
- Creating a Pivot Table from the Data Model
- Examining new Pivot Table features when Power Pivot is used for the Data Model – Powerful reporting techniques like Asymmetric Reports, Explicit and Implicit Measures, and more.
• Version 2016 will be used in the workshop demonstration. Participants are welcome to use older versions, but significant differences may exist and where possible the instructor will mention suitable workarounds.
• IMPORTANT: 50% of this workshop needs AT LEAST Excel 2013 or later, the remainder 50% needs the Power Pivot Add-in. If you do not have the Power Pivot Add-in installed but you DO have Excel 2013 or later you will be able to follow along for half the examples. If you have Power Pivot installed AND version 2013 or later, you will be able to complete all the examples. If you do not have either, you can still take the workshop but you will not be able to practice along with the instructor.
• Essential requirements are a Computer with broadband internet access, audio headset or speakers, and working copy of Microsoft Office. Microsoft Office Starter Edition will not be adequate.