Intermediate Excel (4 hrs. 12 pm Toronto, 9 am Vancouver, 10 am Calgary)
Course No: RHWE-1451
Format: HANDS-ON ONLINE WORKSHOP
Duration: 4 Hours in 2 sessions of 2 hours each with 1/2-hour break in between.
PRICE: Individual Registrations @ $179.99 per person. Group discount available for Organizational bookings of 3 or more participants. Contact us to request group booking.
Key Learning Outcomes
MODULE 1 – MANAGING AND EFFECTIVELY DEALING WITH DATA
• Understand data types, dates, times and other kinds of data
• Learn tools like Text to Column for managing data inconsistency
• Briefly explore the newer TABLE feature and its importance as a dynamic dataset
MODULE 2 – ANALYSIS WITH FUNCTIONS AND FORMULAS
• Revision of some basic mathematical functions.
• Introducing important Functions – The COUNTIF and SUMIF functions for conditional calculations
• Understand the VLOOKUP Function for extracting information and merging tables
MODULE 3 – ANALYTICAL TOOLS – PIVOT TABLES
• Working with PIVOT TABLES –
o Maintaining Data discipline
o Manipulating Pivot Table Fields
o Using Field Filters and Field Sort
o Pivot Table tips and tricks for effective work
GENERAL MODULE – SPREAD THROUGHOUT THE WORKSHOP
o Tips and Tricks for reporting and speedy working – includes Keyboard shortcuts, Printing tips and tricks, and more
• Version 2013 or 2016 will be used in the workshop demonstration. Participants are welcome to use older versions, but some differences may exist. Microsoft Office Starter Edition will not be adequate.