Hands-on Outlook Workshops at your location
These workshops focus on the everyday tasks that often take up the most time and explores, tips, tricks and little-known techniques that can significantly reduce time and effort to complete the same tasks while simultaneously stressing on quality of output. All our workshops are hands-on and customizable to suit your needs.
Customizable Workshops to suit your needs:
Increasing Effectiveness with Outlook - 1/2 Day Advanced Workshop
Full Course Outline
- Managing your Inbox – Powerful tools and techniques – explore powerful methods that are allied to methods in Excel for Inbox Management – Conditional Formatting, Adding Special fields based on Formulas, and other tips and tricks.
- Managing your Inbox through Views, and in-cell editing
- Techniques for creating and replying to mail – Understanding Quick Parts and Auto Text
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail through Rules – understanding the automation of rules in Outlook, creating rules for incoming mail
- Exploring Templates – Speed up recurrent mail like monthly reports and bulletins, or recurrent meetings like product and strategy meetings, through templates
- Tips and Tricks with Mail, Tasks and Calendar – Transferring Mail to the Calendar for Appointments, Group Schedules with the Calendar, Managing Time Zones.
Optional Add-ons - these modules may be used to replace any of the others or add on to the others if time allows
- Creating Templates and Autoresponders through Rules for Outgoing Mail – VERSION 2013 ONLY
- Creating Meetings and Scheduling Appointments from Email
Essentials of Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint for Leadership roles- One Day Workshop
Full Course Outline:
- Learn powerful techniques in Excel for quick and handy on-the-run summarizations of data through Outlines, Subtotals
- Pivot Tables –enhanced data summarization using Pivot Tables with advanced techniques like field grouping, formatting, field summarization options and more
- Quick review, analysis, and reporting techniques with conditional formatting built-in features in version 2013+
- Powerful tips, tricks and shortcuts for enhancing your speed and productivity in spreadsheets
- Understand powerful features of Microsoft Outlook that can greatly enhance your email and meetings productivity through use of Conditional Formatting, Search folders, Quick parts, and Shortcuts
- Using Word and PowerPoint together for rapid presentation development – develop fully formatted slide decks in minutes
- Create Linked dynamic presentations that update when the data they reference from spreadsheets changes
- Learn critical techniques like Presentation Multi-monitor viewing while delivering presentations
- Learn important shortcuts and techniques for presentation management for seamless and masterful non-linear presentation delivery
- Get an introduction to some of the new and powerful new additions to Excel and PowerPoint since version 2013+
What Clients are saying about these workshops
[The session on] ” Presenting a technical concept to an executive team” – Key concepts in persuasive communication, with examples and activities – was most exemplary, insightful and helpful to the audience of approximately 100 final year students, many of whom have had relevant work experiences at major corporations through our 12-16 month industrial internship program. Professor and Internship Program Coordinator, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Ryerson University, Toronto. [Extract from letter]
Ministry of Natural Resources Canada
Paul customized a workshop on Advanced Charts and Effective Data Presentation with Excel and PowerPoint for us as an in-house workshop. The training was delivered in an engaging manner and Paul’s mastery of the many aspects of Excel allowed him to respond to all questions that we had, even those well beyond the specific area covered by the training session. Organizer, AECL Restructuring Group, Ministry of Natural Resources Canada, Ottawa.
Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
“Paul Mascarenhas regularly conducts Excel and Microsoft Office courses for CPA Ontario both in both Classroom workshop and Online live webinar format. Our members report a very high degree of applicability of his courses, backed by real-life working experience. He is easily one of our highest rated instructors , with a style that makes complex subjects easy to understand. Overall, his courses rate an average of 4.4 on a 5 point scale.[including online courses]
His programs are high quality are always updated with the latest information, and Paul can be relied on to manage event dynamics without incident. From an organizer’s perspective, my team and I can rely on the participant experience being of excellent when our members participate in one of his programs. Paul is very flexible when to scheduling programs, which makes is a pleasure to work with him.” Director of Professional Development March 2016, Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario, Toronto. Ontario, Canada.
Canadian Tire Corporation
Avancer Learning Inc conducted an Excel and a PowerPoint workshop for us. Our participants reported excellent feedback for the content, methodology and the way Paul paced the class to the class skill level. Additionally Paul’s flexibility and willingness to make further customizations suggested by our participants is appreciated. AVP Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Canadian Tire Corporation.
Certified Management Accountants of Ontario
Paul is a pleasure to work with, his knowledge is very in-depth and he delivers his content to make it extremely interesting and engaging. Paul is passionate in his teaching, and displays great enthusiasm. Director, Professional Development Institute, Certified Management Accountants of Ontario.
Asians Without Borders
Paul from Avancer Learning provided a great session on “How to Present to Executives”. The topic drew great interest from our members and we had a full house, with standing room only. Paul’s hands-on approach allowed AWB members to immediately put in practice what they had learned. The interactive session was informative, applicable, and fun; the hallmarks of a truly valuable event Vice President Marketing, Asians Without Borders, Toronto
“We organized with Avancer Learning Inc to conduct two workshops for our finance departments: A workshop on Excel for analysis and reporting and another one on Data-driven PowerPoint presentations with emphasis on advanced charting techniques.
Participants from both groups reported that these were some of the best sessions they experienced on the topic. They found the content very helpful and relevant and they all thought the instructor was fantastic. His style made for easy learning and an interesting day.” Senior Relationship Manager, Learning & Performance Consulting, Canadian Banking Human Resources – Scotiabank. Toronto, ON, Canada.